Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Quinoa

I went to Whole Foods again today. I bought a quinoa candy bar and a fig.

Pumpkin Quinoa

 

Savory Pumpkin Quinoa Stuffing - It's that time of year. Everyone is thinking pumpkins and stuffing. This is a nice two serving side dish for those who aren't cooking for a crowd.


Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfaits - These could be fun. I have been enjoying yogurt and quinoa parfaits and I am certain the addition of pumpkin will make my tongue happy. This is another two serving recipe.


Pumpkins Stuffed With Quinoa, Butternut, and Cranberries - These look beautiful and I love that they use the pumpkin seeds in the stuffing. I want to throw a party so I have an excuse to make these and show them off to real friends (and not just my fellow cyber foodies.)

FitSmart Quinoa


Twitter was abuzz yesterday on #quinoa with a link to the FitSugar community's new collection of quinoa recipes. The photos are gorgeous and the recipes tempting. I am impressed with the number of tweeps who tweeted this. FitSmart has an active Twitter community.

Quinoa Recipes 10/6/10

 
Here are a few more quinoa recipes I found around the net yesterday.

Peach or Nectarine and Blueberry Crumble with Quinoa-Oat ToppingThe New York Times featured another crumble using the same topping as yesterday's Plum and Fig Crumble. This recipe seems a little more accessible to me.

Balsamic Quinoa Salad and Mustard-Crusted Tofu Planks - I have been watching for a quinoa recipe with  mustard and I can't remember the last time I ate tofu. This recipe would be way out of one son's comfort zone, but I might be able to sell it to the other two boys.

I wonder what a courgette is.

Red Quinoa Salad With Figs and Cucumbers - This is a fun picnic salad because it is served in bell pepper bowls - no mess. I picked up red quinoa the other day so I can start making more colorful quinoa.

I'm off to cook some quinoa. Please let me know if you have tried any of these recipes.

Did you know if you aren’t subscribing to How Do You Cook Quinoa? at the new domain, you risk missing out on new posts and quinoa recipes? Not to mention the upcoming quinoa contest. Subscribe today and learn tasty new ways to enjoy quinoa along with other exciting (and sometimes exotic) ingredients.



You may also follow @keenonquinoa on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment