Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Natural Products East Expo 2010 Boston - This Week


I found out about this trade show over the weekend.

Natural Products East Expo 2010 Boston October 14-16

Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for free registration and I would have to scramble to meet the criteria for admission on such short notice. (This expo is not open to the public. You must prove you are a natural products professional.)

Andean Naturals

If I had gone to the expo, I would have visited the Andean Naturals booth. They are bringing quinoa farmers from Bolivia who will be available to answer questions. I even prepared a few questions I am now saving for another day:


  • How many pounds of quinoa seed are produced per acre?
  • What non-organic methods do some quinoa farmers employ? Of what should the buyer beware?
  • How do you cook quinoa? :-)

Andean Naturals news mentions their farmers' coop was Fair Trade certified in May and they have launched La Yapa Fair Trade Quinoa.

If you would like to learn more about the planting, growing, and harvesting of quinoa, the Andean Naturals site has three great quinoa photo albums worthy of a look.


Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood

Authors Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming are slated to sign their book at the expo, but I can't see the events schedule for a time without registering to attend. I wonder if they will appear anywhere else in the Boston area this weekend, as I would like to meet them.

Are you attending the Natural Products East Expo 2010 Boston?

Did you know if you aren’t subscribing to How Do You Cook Quinoa? at the new domain, you risk missing out on new posts and quinoa recipes? Not mention the upcoming quinoa contest. Subscribe today and learn tasty new ways to enjoy quinoa along with other exciting (and sometimes exotic) ingredients.



You may also follow @keenonquinoa on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment