Thursday, October 21, 2010

Delicata Squash Stuffed with Red Quinoa


I had a lot of red quinoa stuffing left after I made the Quinoa Chiles Rellenos the other day. I decided to stuff a delicata squash I had on hand.

In a classic case of photo fail, I neglected to get side shot of the delicata squash, so I cannot show you how beautiful it looked.

Delicata Squash Stuffed with Red Quinoa


1 medium delicata squash
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp honey
2-3 cups of red quinoa stuffing
1/4 cup cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 375ยบ.

Split the squash, clean out the seeds and guts. (I save the seeds for toasting and tossing on salads.)

Put the squash in a casserole dish cut side up with a 1/2 inch of water in dish.

Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with honey.

Cover with foil and bake 30 - 45 minuntes, until squash is fork tender.

Remove from oven and fill squash with stuffing.

Return to oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.

Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

Did you know if you aren’t subscribing to How Do You Cook Quinoa? at the new domain, you risk missing out on new posts and quinoa recipes? Not mention the upcoming quinoa contest. Subscribe today and learn tasty new ways to enjoy quinoa along with other exciting (and sometimes exotic) ingredients.




You may also follow @keenonquinoa on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Ever look good! I made a very similar recipe ... loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different squashes available too.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    Tammi
    @keenonquinoa

    ReplyDelete